It’s magnetic lashes or nothing. Why? Because i’m tired, that’s why.
Question: Why won’t anyone admit how hard it is to apply false lashes?
This whole ‘lash game’ feels like fake news. Youtubers going off camera to “quickly apply lashes” in the middle of doing make-up tutorials. Friends showing up for 9am breakfast with falsies on as if they are ‘easy peasy’ to apply and beauty gurus trying to convince me that lashes should form part of my morning routine.
Nah! Applying lashes is HARD.
That is, unless they are magnetic lashes…
I am using the Ardell Magnetic Liner and Lash Kit from: www.falseeyelashes.co.uk Price: £9.99
MAGNETIC LASHES FOR THE WIN
I saw them first on a Youtube video. It was yet another beauty guru doing yet another makeover, but something was different. It was the lashes – they were done ON CAMERA. Why? Because they took 1.5 minutes to execute. Here’s why:
- You know when the glue is so wet that it refuses to stick, then is so sticky it clumps the lashes together?
With magnetic lashes THERE IS NO GLUE – just magnetic eyeliner.
2. You know that unnaturally steady hand you need to put the lashes in place and the wrist breaking angles?
With magnetic lashes you can simply ‘put them on’ as the magnetic eyeliner is already in perfect place on your eyelid, just pop them on then manouver them into place.
3. You know the way the glue sometimes doesn’t dry as clear as you would like and starts to create glue balls?
Oh, that magnetic eyeliner is goals. You just apply it like any gel liner (I would buy it separately, it’s that good) and the lashes sit comfortably on top. No tell tell glue balls.
4. You know when you try to apply eyeliner OR you have eyeliner on but it creates a bond issue with the eyelash glue?
The liner IS the bond.
5. You know when the eyelash starts to come away and takes the eyeliner with it?
This won’t happen. The liner is so thick that it does not seem to budge even when I (rarely) get some lash detachment. Just apply a bit more liner and re-stick.
Look, it’s not perfect. The magnetic bond could be stronger / last longer – by the end of the day I can get some eyelash detachment. BUT it is so much better across the board that I cannot go back. What’s more, our team are currently testing the lashes for accessibility to find out if they are user friendly for people with disabilities (stay posted for that).
What do you think, magnetic lashes for the win?