Hair Today: Moroccanoil for Missoni…
Paul Hanlon’s inspiration was taken from the late 1980’s and specifically Peter Linberg’s photos for Italian Vogue. He wanted to create a hairstyle “that felt organic and sculptural”. When it comes to hair perfection, Moroccanoil is an excellent choice because of its highly sophisticated ingredients and long-lasting hold. It has become a runway hit among the beauty world and rightly so because it promotes beautiful, healthy, natural-looking hair and is performance driven and easy-to-use.
The products used were Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse, which is designed to plump and give a natural lift and movement (available for £18.85 / 250ml) and Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong, which is designed to build body and create natural long-lasting volume (available for £17.25 / 330ml).
Get the Look with these 5 simple steps:
- Start with damp hair, then pull a large circular section of hair into a loose ponytail at the crown of the head and secure with an elastic band.
- Next, split the ponytail into two sections and wrap it around top of head (like a wig wrap), flattening it with a hairnet and a generous amount of Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong.
- Then generously apply Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse throughout hair that was left out of the ponytail and scrunch as you blow dry with diffuser. This will keep the hair piece-y and rough in texture.
- Using a small barrel curling iron, curl 1” sections of the hair from root to mid-lengths. Allow to cool.
- To create the final shell-like, masculine shape, generously spray the hair with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong and then sculpt the hair upwards towards the crown and secure pieces into the wig wrap.